Volunteer attorneys will be available on every Friday of each month until April 2016 for free 20-minute consultations with people who have legal problems to discuss.
Things to keep in mind before attending:
- Consultations are limited to twice per year per person.
- First-come, first-served basis.
- Come prepared! Bring all related documents and forms, with all questions written down ready to go!
- Lawyers may not have experience in all areas of law.
- This service is not intended as legal advice, but rather a provision of legal resources and assistance with legal research.
Areas of law that are usually covered include:
- Bankruptcy and Debt Collection
- Child Custody and Support
- Criminal Law
- Divorce-Family Law
- Government Benefits
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
Check-in begins at 12:45pm, Registration ends at 3:30pm.
The five Fridays so far are: November 20th, 2015, January 15th, 2016, February 19th, 2016, March 18th, 2016, and April 15th, 2016
301 W 1st St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Google map and directions