Enjoyed by thousands every summer, come join the downtown Los Angeles community at the 76th Annual Nisei Week Japanese Festival in Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo, August 13 – 21, 2016.
One of the nation’s longest running ethnic festivals of its kind, the events will take place August 13-21. The Festival showcases free Japanese cultural events, activities and exhibits, including music and entertainment, food and fun games spanning two weekends.
The Nisei Week Grand Parade will feature traditional Japanese taiko drum performers, local community groups, high schools, elected officials and representatives from Nagoya, Japan, Los Angeles’ sister city, and the newly crowned 2016 Nisei Week Queen and Court.
2016 Nisei Week Events to See
1) Nisei Week Parade - plan on waiting on curb, bring snacks and/or dinner to pass time.
2) Ondo Dancing on 1st Street, Los Angeles. You can watch or dance. Bring your chairs or sit on the curb.
3) Tanabata Festival at MOCA
4) Go For Broke Monument next to Tanabata/MOCA Museum
5) Live Taiko and other performances at JACCC stage
6) Live performances at JANM stage
7) Japanese art and crafts booths for kids (JANM)
8) Food booths at MOCA and JACCC
9) Relax at the Beer Garden at MOCA
Los Angeles, CA
Google map and directions